Thank you for visiting our site and for reading our confidentiality policy. The site of the Commissioner of Lobbying does not insert any permanent computer "cookie" on the hard drive of the visitors' computer, but only the cookie required for surfing under PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor). This temporary file recorded in the random access memory is automatically deleted when you leave our site.
The information transmitted automatically between computers does not allow you to identify yourself personally. It is only collected to meet the technological requirements of Internet surfing and for statistical purposes.
As soon as you access the www.commissairelobby.qc.ca, site, the information exchange occurs automatically between your computer and our site's server. We must remind you that this information does not identify you personally. The following information is exchanged:
- the Internet field (for example, "compagniex.com", if you use a private Internet access account, or "university.edu" if you access the site through a University), and the IP address from which you access our site - an IP address is composed of a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet access provider every time you surf the Web;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages that were glanced through.
The Québec Commissioner of Lobbying keeps some information for statistical purposes (for example: the number of visitors, the pages glanced through the most and the country of origin of the netsurfers).
Under the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, the authority of the department or agency requesting personal information from you must ensure that this information is necessary (section 64), identify himself and inform you (section 65) of:
- the name and address of the public agency in whose name the data is collected;
- the use for which this information is intended;
- the category of people who will have access to this information;
- the mandatory or optional nature of the request;
- the consequences for the person concerned or for a third party, as the case may be, of a refusal to respond to the request;
- access and rectification fees provided under the act.
If you send us personal information at the following electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org, we will only use the information we need to follow-up on your message. For security reasons we will not, without prior notice, answer questions requiring the transmission of personal and confidential information. Electronic messages are processed with the same confidentiality as regular mail.
The personal information you send to us is only passed on to another government agency if your request is directed to this agency or if the law requires it. This information is never used to draw up user profiles and it cannot be passed on to a private agency.
Our site proposes links to other sites, which are displayed in separate windows. So, as soon as you leave our virtual space, the information exchanged is no longer subject to our confidentiality policy but to that of the site visited, if such is the case.
To send your comments or questions, you may use at any time the "To reach us" mailbox appearing on all the pages of our site.